Monday, January 16, 2012

Is a Collection Ever Complete?

I get so much joy just staring at my growing nail polish collection. But even with over 200 colors, unlimited combinations of hue-changing topcoats plus infinite possibilities with glitter and embellishments....I still don't feel like my collection is near complete.

The bulk of my nail polish family is from the brand Nubar (which I heart).  I also carry Chanel (my favorite bank breaker), OPI, Essie and China Glaze. But I want more.  I've seen some amazing Butter London and RGB colors that I'm lemming for (do they even sell wholesale to pros?)  Let's not forget about Cult Nails, Deborah Lippmann, Zoya....I could go on and on.



And then there's color gel (my other favorite bank breaker).  Shellac is where it all started for me.  Then I discovered Gelish, Gelicure, and ManiQ.  I have close to 50 gel colors to choose from now!  The problem is that every time I open up Nail Pro or Nails Inc., 10 brands have suddenly introduced their "new"gel polish formula.  OPI, Orly, Jessica....I want to try all of them.


With nail polish surpassing the sales of lipstick in the cosmetic industry, I believe the tremendous growth of nail polish and treatments has only begun. So is a collection ever complete? In this case, I don't think it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment